cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESTORE STRUCTURE DIRECTORIES

CesarJimGon
Level 4

Hi.

I'm backing up Linux FS to a Data Domain Storage. The clients and the Master Server are NB 7.7.3

I'm doing restore tests with these FS.

The user wants to restore the path /xxx/yyy of the client linux_1 to the folder /aaa/bbb in the same client. The restore is successful but only restores the contents of the path /xxx/yyy. the option Restore everything to a different location (maintaining existing structure) is selected, and the Rename hard and soft links boxes are checked.

Is there a way to display the path /xxx/yyy in the folder /aaa/bbb when the restore is done?

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I'm not sure I quite inderstand what the issue is. Are you saying that the original location /xxx/yyx is overwritten?

It has always worked like this - if backup of /xxx/yyy  is restored to /aaa/bbb, the path of the restored data will then be /aaa/bbb/xxx/yyy. 
Well this is how Restore everything to a different location (maintaining existing structure) has worked for me all along.

If you are experiencing something different, then please post the text in the restore log (View Status tab) as well as tar log on the client (the folder must be created before the restore is done).

Sujay24
Level 4
Employee

Hi Cesar,

Yes its possible, Select /xxx folder and give the restore path as /aaa/bbb/xxx/ it will automatically restore all the files under /xxx with maitaing the director structure.