cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHEL 6.8 install

amazurk
Level 3

Ive been trying to install Netbackup 8.0 on a RHEL 6.8 server but the install keeps failing on the pre-install check. For some reason there are no logs anywhere that show what the issue could be. Anyone have any idea as to where i can look or a fix for this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
My experience has been that installation path (/usr/openv) is only created once the installation starts.

As per my previous post, check requirements in NBU installation guide as well as on SORT.
Have you created nbwebsvc user?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
What are you trying to install?
Can we assume NetBackup master server?

If so, have you checked all the requirements in NBU installation guide such as nbwebsvc user account?

Perhaps a good idea to visit Sort for installation checklist:
https://sort.veritas.com/checklist/install#report

I am following the installtion guide and it states that the preinstalltion check will put results in /usr/openv/tmp. After it fails there is not usr/openv/tmp file. 

I am trying to isntall the master server but cant seem to even get passed this one step. 

Marianne
My experience has been that installation path (/usr/openv) is only created once the installation starts.

As per my previous post, check requirements in NBU installation guide as well as on SORT.
Have you created nbwebsvc user?

That was it. Got it installed. thanks for your help!!