cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHEL Master Server backing up to DD- Do I need to install the DD Boost Plugin?

RocketBeta
Level 3

I just did a fresh NBU 7.5 install for a NBU Master server on a RHEL6 system.  The NBU domain does not currently have any media servers, and backups will be going to a Data Domain storage system.

Do I need to install the DD Boost Plugin on the Master server, or is this plugin only installed on media servers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Scott_123
Level 3

The plugin is needed on any NetBackup Server that will have credentials configured for and communicate with the Data Domain.  That is usually a Media Server... but in your case, it sounds like your Master Server is also functioning as a Media Server, so yes, your Master Server would need the plugin installed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scott_123
Level 3

The plugin is needed on any NetBackup Server that will have credentials configured for and communicate with the Data Domain.  That is usually a Media Server... but in your case, it sounds like your Master Server is also functioning as a Media Server, so yes, your Master Server would need the plugin installed.

RocketBeta
Level 3

Okay thanks!  I wasn't sure because the Symmantec documentation says to install the plug-ins on the media servers but doesn't mention what to do if there are no media servers (gonna add them later as we acquire the hardware).

Thanks again.