Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMAN STATUS CODE 6 & 25

NANDAN
Not applicable
Certified
Hi Gurus,
     I am new to this forum as well as this field. I am facing the following problem related to RMAN Backup.
Media Manager Status Code - 6 or 25

RMAN Log

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch01 channel at 11/22/2007 00:01:45
ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="bk_37151_1_639273673", parms=""
ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
 VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:
 Server Status:  cannot connect on socket

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch01 channel at 11/19/2007 02:01:52

ORA-27192: skgfcls: sbtclose2 returned error - failed to close file
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
VxBSAEndTxn: Failed with error:
The transaction was aborted.

I have checked the forus and symantec site for any other solution but could not found anything (whatever is sugested tried) . As some of the threads are started and some of you might have already solved this type of problem. please assist me to trace the problem.
Thanks
Nandan
3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6
check reverse name resolution

nbjbets
Level 3
We are seeing the same issues on rman backups using netbackup 6.5.2.

Found this forum posting which has eleveated the problem https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/running-more-2-rman-channels-causes-status-code-25

But saying that we have got rman working with 4 streams running from a different site without issues so its definitely something on the network. I have taken a fine tooth comb and gone through the policies, the tcp settings on the client and the rman scripts and they are exactly the same except using different policies.

As a work around we are using 2 streams for now and awaiting clarification from Symantec as to the root cause of this issue.

nbjbets
Level 3
We had a similar issue as stated above and the issue we found was our max open file limit was set to default 1024 and on another server set to 131072 from where we managed to backup with 4 or more stresms without any issue.

Once we changed the settings we have been able to complete backups with 4 streams and dont see any failures. We are carrying out some more tests to see if there is something else that might need to be tweaked. But I think its worth a go to increase the limit on max open files.