cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read only File system Error on Administration console login

azim_abdulcader
Not applicable

Dear World i have Symantec Netbackup 7.1 version. While login i',m getting an error like read-only file system. Please find the screenshot att. herein. Please help me to Rigout of it.

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is /usr a separate filesystem on the master? Or part of / ?

Speak to server owners and find out if / or /usr has been changed to read-only filesystem.

NBU cannot run on read-only filesystem. 
You will see bigger issues than just Java that won't open....

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Well as Marianne said you need ot talk to System admin of this server

NBU wont mark it as read only

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Azim,

One other thought for you if no-one has changed permissions or set read-only F/S on your Master.  This is an issue I have experienced a few times in the past, but thankfully not on my Master laugh

Your description and tags show you are using NetBackup 7.1 on some flavour of Linux, but doesn't say if you are running it on VMware.  Because you are running 7.1, maybe you are also running an earlier version of whatever Linux flavour.  There was a Linux kernel bug, coupled with particular configurations that can cause this.  You'll need to check your Linux version and how it is set up to confirm.

The link below is from VMware, but as it states - this is not limited to VMware, it can happen in native Linux environments as well:

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=51306

We had this happen a few times way back.  The first time it happened, we couldn't explain it.  When we saw the same client have this issue a few times we knew something was up.  Since upgrading NetBackup several times, and also upgrading all our older Linux environments we have not seen it happen again.

Hope this helps,

Steve