cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reassign /assign robot type and number for a cleaning tape

perez_cmz
Level 6

I guess my question is two parts.

- How do I reassign the robot type and robot number for existing cleaning tapes ?

- How would I assign the robot type and robot number for any new cleaning tapes that are added ?

Thank you all in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you have not have not pre-added a barcode rule for cleaning tapes, they have probably been added as normal backup tapes. If so, you will have to delete them, create barcode rule, then run inventory again. Barcode rule: Label: CLN Pool: None Type: (select cleaning density that matches the tape drives)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you manage tapes with barcode, just run robot inventory on the robots. Do it on the robot which you moved tape from, and then again on the robot which you moved tape into. Robot type and robot number is set correctly for newly added tapes too.

If you don't use barcode, just adjust residence of tapes by hand using "Move" operation under [Media and Device Management]-[Media].

perez_cmz
Level 6

I've run inventory on both robots, and no change. How does netbackup know what robot type and robot number to assign to the cleaning tape ?

I tried the "Move" option from the console, and got the following message.

Change residence of CLNU57 failed (37)

Robotic library information is not unique

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You do need to have physically moved the cleaning tape from one library to the other

If they are different density libraries (hcart2 / hcart3) and want to use the same tape then delete it from NetBackup first, take it out the old library and put it in the new one and run the inventory

If it says it is not unique you have not updated the inventory of the original library to show the tape has gone before trying to update the second library

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you have not have not pre-added a barcode rule for cleaning tapes, they have probably been added as normal backup tapes. If so, you will have to delete them, create barcode rule, then run inventory again. Barcode rule: Label: CLN Pool: None Type: (select cleaning density that matches the tape drives)