Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover one node (Master Server) from the cluster using MSCS

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   

Hi Guys,

I have a clustered master server in an MSCS, this cluster had two nodes but last Friday I lost one of the nodes. so far, the master server is working fine using only one node.

I´m trying to find a procedure to recover the lost node but I couldn't find anything about it.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

5 REPLIES 5

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @AndresV 

This is mostly a Microsoft question, but the basic process is to rebuild the failed node using the same OS aand NetBackup version (using the same paths), then follow the MS instructions on adding a node back into the cluster.

David

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   

Hi David, thanks for replying.

So basically, I have to run the installer (repair installation) from the running node and the installer will create all the folders again?

Hi @AndresV 

Sorry - I don't know enough about MSFC to be able to answer specifically. The general principal is to rebuild the failed node and reintroduce into the cluster. Exactly how that last step is done you may need to seek a MS expert.

Do a goolge search on node recovery for MSFC (on Microsoft), I'm sure they and others have many articles on node recovery. For instance here are steps to replace a node (in this case for a SQL cluster, but principal should be the same https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/sql-server/failover-clusters/windows/recover-from-failover-clus...)

The NetBackup Clustered Master Server Admin guide also provides some useful information on recovery steps.

David

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   

My question was considering the faulty node is back online again and healthy at the cluster level, talking about NetBackup, should I run the installer as "repair installation" from the active node?

I found that guide as well, but the process is how to recover the entire cluster.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

hi @AndresV 

I recommend you open a ticket with Veritas support about recovering the secondary node.

/Nicolai