cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering expired images

david_beachboar
Level 4
Hello all, I have a tape that has old images on it that have expired, but some of the images have not expired.  If I want to recover the older images on the tape do I need to expire the newer images that have not expired yet and then import he images back.  If so, how do I expire the current images to get to the old images.  Or is there an easier way.

thanks,
David
2 REPLIES 2

mrobinsn
Level 4
David,

Do an import.  The first phase will read whats on the tape, then you can select what you need to import.  I think, actually, that it will not list items that are still in the catalog, but I haven't tried that.

Even in the worst case, the only thing you could lose is time to do the first phase of the import.

Write-protect the tape just in case!

Bruhn_Freeman_2
Level 2
Hi David,

Here are the instructions on how to do an import.....

Phase1
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimport -create_db_info -id D0003 -server megatron -L /tmp/bpimport.phase1 &

Generate image list:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimport -PM -s 01/01/71 00:00:00 -e 09/20/01 23:59:59 -id D0003  | awk '{print $5}' > /tmp/import_list

Phase2
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimport  -Bidfile /tmp/import_list -L /tmp/bpimport.phase2 &

Taken from TechNote # 240402