cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Catalog

Nazrul23
Level 2

Hi everyone,

Good day, again i need help, out environment has been attacked ransomware, all backup destroyed.

Now i start recover, i know media ID backup catalog, and i already recover and recreate DR file, now i stuck when i try to recovery catalog and failed.

Hope can solve this.

7 REPLIES 7

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Do you have Veritas Support?  If so, call them and log a "P1 Down" ticket, and they will help you sooner.

If not, we need actual commands that you are using, and actual output.  If the output is large, then please attach as a txt file (not word, not PDF).

Hi, thanks for reply, i have support veritas but version 7.7.3 not supported for them

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Extended technical support is available:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100038907.html

If you can't spend on extended support, then show us commands and output (and if the output is large - then attach as txt files (not word, not pdf)).

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with @sdo 

Please log Sev 1 Support call.

Can you tell us in the meantime if the server hostname is exactly the same as before?
If NBU was previously installed as shortname, it needs to be re-installed with the exact same hostname and to the exact same path as before.

Did you re-install the exact same version? And to exact same path?

We can see in the log file that the flat files restored successfully, but restore of NBDB failed.

I have seen this previously when 'something' was different - either the hostname, version or the path.

Can you pleas locate the 'Recover' log and post as .txt attachment?

<install-path>\netbackup\logs\user_ops\<user-name>\logs\Recover<date-time>.log

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Even if 7.7.3 is out of support, you can always buy support on a hourly basic. They won't of cause guarantee anything, but if bussniess is down, management should accept the expense. If Veritas still reject, contact a local Netbackup consultant.

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

As per the restore log you have shared it appears that the restore of image database and flat files was successful, but the recovery of NBDB is what appears to have failed.

Do you see any files restored in the staging folder on the master server.? If yes then the reason why NBDB recovery failed would be reported in the nbdb logs.

If the files are not restored to staging, open up a new Activity monitor and check how many restore jobs do you see. In an ideal scenario there would be 3 jobs. 

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Once the image files are restored, try restoring only the database using "nbdb -restore". Do not rerun the entire operation again, just restore the database through command line.