cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Config NBU

MCHEBBAB1
Level 3

Hello,

I have type rm -rf /usr/openv/netabckup/ at master server by error , but I stopped it after 3 secondes, and i see somes folders are deleted "like /usr/openv/netabckup/bin and //usr/openv/netabckup/client".

I have policy to backup all drivers of master server but I can't to restore the /usr/openv/netabckup of master server from GUI, because the folder

/usr/openv/netabckup/db/images/masterserver is empty.

I copy the folder /usr/openv/netabckup/bin and /usr/openv/netabckup/client form the media server to master server.

could you please help me.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Because you don't how much and what exactly was deleted, best to treat this as disaster recovery.

Reinstall NBU, patch to same version as before, then recover from your latest catalog backup.
Hopefully you have saved the catalog backup dr-files in a different filesystem.

View solution in original post

Marianne

The new master needs to have exactly same hostname, same NBU version and patch level, installed to same directory structure as existing master. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst

Oh dear

I hope you have a catalog backup. 

Reinstall NetBackup binaries, and then use the recovery wizard to restore the catalog from tape or disk.

Marianne
Because you don't how much and what exactly was deleted, best to treat this as disaster recovery.

Reinstall NBU, patch to same version as before, then recover from your latest catalog backup.
Hopefully you have saved the catalog backup dr-files in a different filesystem.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply Marianne ,RiaanBadenhorst.

I will try to install new master server and restore catalogue.

after I will copy only the folders or files misssed to old master server, because the old master server works now (we can't stop it ,we have one master and it backup all data center).

it'is good solution?

Marianne

The new master needs to have exactly same hostname, same NBU version and patch level, installed to same directory structure as existing master.