cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect Failed Replication to New Storage

JasonRkr
Level 4

Hi, all.  I had a replication fail because the storage was full.  Can I pick up that failed replication and send it to a different storage unit?

If it helps, I'm running NetBackup 8.2.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @JasonRkr 

You may be able to do this - the trick is to modify the SLP version that is associated with the failed job and change the destination STU. This has to be done via the command line and becomes more tricky if you do have AIR involved (as specifying a remote STU is not as simple as a local STU). 

Once you change the relevant SLP version, the next time it starts up it should pick up the new destination. 

The command will be along the lines of:

# nbstl <slp> -modify_version -version <slp_version#> -residence <stu1>,<stu2>.....

The number of arguments to the 'residence' option must match the number of operations in the SLP. If AIR is involved then you will probably need to add the "-uf" option, the "-target_master" and "-target_importslp" options. Each option requires arguments for each step in the SLP - if they are not relevant for the option, then use the "__NA__" placeholder. 

I have done this in the recent past, but do not have notes that specified the exact combination to change a AIR target. It may take a number of goes to get the command correct. 

Cheers
David

David,

Thank you for the information!  Yes, AIR is involved.  I have an open case for this.  Support posted a couple articles that I need to review.  Doesn't sound like it'll be a particularly easy process.  Seems like it might be easier to duplicate images over to the new storage and the delete them off the full one.

Regards,

Jason

Hi @JasonRkr 

It seems that it is simpler than I thought to alter the target import SLP. First you will need to have set up the replication target to the alternate storage and created an import SLP (on the target) that will do the required steps. Then do something like the following - I have listed the before and after nbstl output for the specific AIR SLP with the command to alter. Here I am altering a SLP call air-1, to change the target import SLP from import-3 to import-4 (the AIR target master server is nbutgtmst). My SLP has a backup and local duplication before the third step to replicate. 

# nbstl -l
air-1 *NULL* 0 0x0 0
0 stu_msdp_me1 *NULL* *NULL* 0 1 *NULL* 0 0x0 0 0 *NULL* 1 Default_24x7_Window *NULL* *NULL*
1 stu_msdp_me2 *NULL* *NULL* 0 1 *NULL* 0 0x2 1 0 *NULL* 2 Default_24x7_Window *NULL* *NULL*
3 *Remote*Master*:import-3 *NULL* *NULL* 0 1 *NULL* 0 0x0 2 0 *NULL* 3 Default_24x7_Window nbutgtmst import-3
# nbstl air-1 -modify_current -target_importslp __NA__,__NA__,import-4 -target_master __NA__,__NA__,nbutgtmst
# nbstl -l
air-1 *NULL* 0 0x0 0
0 stu_msdp_me1 *NULL* *NULL* 0 1 *NULL* 0 0x0 0 0 *NULL* 1 Default_24x7_Window *NULL* *NULL*
1 stu_msdp_me2 *NULL* *NULL* 0 1 *NULL* 0 0x2 1 0 *NULL* 2 Default_24x7_Window *NULL* *NULL*
3 *Remote*Master*:import-4 *NULL* *NULL* 0 1 *NULL* 0 0x0 2 0 *NULL* 3 Default_24x7_Window nbutgtmst import-4
#

Cheers
David