cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect to Recovery Storage Group (Only for Exchange 2007) option is gray in nebackup 7.1.0.3

ali_baniamer
Level 3
Partner Accredited

hello

i make restore for exchange 2007 database by follow this link :

http://www.symantec.com/tv/products/details.jsp?vid=736744770001

and give me error 2826 , i think becuase this option is gray Redirect to Recovery Storage Group (Only for Exchange 2007) in nebackup 7.1.0.3

can any one help me , please?

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you are restoring to RSG on same Exchange Client, please follow steps in this TN to first create RSG in Exchange:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH57346

ali_baniamer
Level 3
Partner Accredited

thanks marreni

not in the same client to altarnative host , it is the same in the vedio

Redirect to Recovery Storage Group (Only for Exchange 2007) is also gray i cannt to select it

i need solution for this , may its netbackup 7.1.0.3 ?????

any advice to upgrade to  7.5 ??

Marianne
Level 6

The video says the 'Redirect to Recovery Storage Group' option is only available to restore from snapshot backup (+- 07:15 into the video).

Can you confirm that original backup was done with snapshot selected?

kaman
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Modification:
Follow the procedure below when creating a Recovery Storage Group (RSG) and performing a restore of the Exchange database backups to RSG.

1. Recovery Storage Group can be created using the Exchange Management Shell or Exchange Management Console, Exchange Recovery Management Toolbox. Open the Exchange Management Console on the Exchange Server, click on Toolbox and Database Recovery Management in the results pane

2. Enter an identifying label to this activity, server name and domain name. Click Next.

3. Select a tasks: Click Create a Recovery Storage Group

4. Select the Storage Group to link with the Recovery Storage Group. Click Next.

5. Specify the Recovery Storage group name, Original Storage group path and Database name. Click Create.

6. Create the Recovery Storage Group Result will appear. Make sure RSG was successfully created. By default the newly created RSG is dismounted and can be overwritten by a restore.

7. Open the Backup, Archive and Restore window on the Exchange server.

8. Click OK on the warning message, if it appears (Figure 7).

9. Click File | Specify NetBackup Machines

10. Click the Clients/Policy Type tab, and select MS-Exchange for the Policy Type, and click OK.

11. Select the backup image and then the mailbox store and log files to restore (Figure 9).

12. Then click Actions | Start Restore of Marked Files.

13. On the Restore Marked Files window, Microsoft Exchange tab, leave everything as default unless changes are required.

14. On the Restore Marked Files window, General tab select Restore everything to a different location (maintaining existing structure).  
On the Destination field, specify the Recovery Storage Group Name entered in step 5.

If the default RSG name was accepted in step 5, the recovery storage group name is: Microsoft Information Store:\Recovery Storage Group.

15. Click Start Restore.

16. Click Yes on the View Status window to monitor the restore.

Marianne
Level 6

What is the purpose of posting a Copy & Paste from TECH57346 that I have referred to in Oct last year?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/redirect-recovery-storage-group-only-exchange-2007-op...

Please ALWAYS post the name of the document/manual or TechNote when you copy & paste.

kaman
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Marianne

I have not seen that you have menshioned the same document above. I was having the same issue with one of my customer and working on same and found this technote.

Regards,

Kamran