cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reexecute failed job

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Hi all,

How can I restart an "duplication" job that failed with status 96 (storage unit has none available)?

Thanks.

Master server is Windows 2012 R2

Two media servers windows 2012 R2

NBU 7.6.0.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Then you just need to wait (patiently!) for the SLP to automatically retry the duplication to the tape.  NBU will try a few times before it "goes to sleep" for a few hours, and then it will try again without any intervention by you. 

I can't remember the exact times, but SLP processing makes the duplication jobs automatically retry until they are successful, usually no matter how long it takes (up to days or weeks, even).  You don't need to do anything more.  And I don't know of a way to force the duplication to retry again immediately.  I've tried that in the past and the nbstlutil command did not seem to force the duplications to run again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If duplication is done via SLP, job will automatically restart.

If manual duplication, you will have to start from scratch.

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Hi Marianne,

Duplication was done but failed, status 96. I´m thinking in reinitialize this duplication job by id.

It´s possible?

Thanks

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Marianne is saying that a failed duplication will only automatically retry if you use Storage LifeCycle Policy for the backup and duplication.  But if you perform the duplication manually, a failed duplication job cannot be automtically restarted, you must set up and restart it manually, you cannot simply restart the duplication from the right-click menu.

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Ok Ron, now I understood, and I´m using a SLP for backup and duplication.

At the end of months our policies run by SLP´s and the first job copy data to storage disks and second job, inside SLP, makes duplication to tape.

Thanks

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Then you just need to wait (patiently!) for the SLP to automatically retry the duplication to the tape.  NBU will try a few times before it "goes to sleep" for a few hours, and then it will try again without any intervention by you. 

I can't remember the exact times, but SLP processing makes the duplication jobs automatically retry until they are successful, usually no matter how long it takes (up to days or weeks, even).  You don't need to do anything more.  And I don't know of a way to force the duplication to retry again immediately.  I've tried that in the past and the nbstlutil command did not seem to force the duplications to run again.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The SLP retry times should be documented in Admin Guide 1.