cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding policy configuration

dixit47
Level 4

Hi All,

Someone disable oracle policy without any keyword phrase(comments) . is there anyway in Netbackup to find when and who disable the policy.

NBU 7.1

Thanks in Advance :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seem your post got hijacked!!

You will know if you have NBAC enabled. (It is 'messy' to put it mildly...)
Check master's bp.conf for USE_VXSS entry.
In addition to NBAC, you also need auditing to be enabled.

See Chapter 22 - Auditing NetBackup operations in NBU 7.1 Admin Guide Volume I : http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3650

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Not really unless you are running with Netbackup Access Control enabled.

Without NBAC there is no bullet proof evidence in the debug logs just circumstantial evidence.

dixit47
Level 4

Thanks Nicolai, but how to check NBAC is enabled or not. or do we need to install it ?

rd221v
Level 2

Hi all

I need solution

usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bptestbpcd -client hidh209-ebr.hydc.sbc.com
<16>bptestbpcd main: Function ConnectToBPCD(hidh209-ebr.hydc.sbc.com) failed: 23
socket read failed

dixit47
Level 4

@rd221v:

This problem is caused by incomplete name resolution information in either the hosts file or the DNS.  Be sure the client's name and IP address are in the master server's hosts file, and the master server's name and IP address are in the client's hosts file. 

The hosts files are located:

-in the /etc directory (UNIX)

Could you Please post this query in new thread ?  as we are discussing different  issue (Netbackup Access Control ) here..

rd221v
Level 2

Could you Please post this query in new thread ? as we are discussing differentissue (Netbackup Access Control ) here..

where to post newthread

dixit47
Level 4

Have you tried my previous post ?

This problem is caused by incomplete name resolution information in either the hosts file or the DNS.  Be sure the client's name and IP address are in the master server's hosts file, and the master server's name and IP address are in the client's hosts file.

The hosts files are located:

-in the /etc directory (UNIX)

dixit47
Level 4

:) ...  you have account right ? go to "create content" and then forum discussion. then post ur query there

Thanks

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seem your post got hijacked!!

You will know if you have NBAC enabled. (It is 'messy' to put it mildly...)
Check master's bp.conf for USE_VXSS entry.
In addition to NBAC, you also need auditing to be enabled.

See Chapter 22 - Auditing NetBackup operations in NBU 7.1 Admin Guide Volume I : http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3650