Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocate the configuration and image database

backupmaster
Level 2
Hi guys built a new  netbackup environment 6.5

relocated netbackup\db to D:\NBU_DB\db
steps ran through
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\veritas\netbackup\currentversionPaths valuename DATABASE_PATH changed Value as above ie D:\\NBU_DB\\db

ran through the rational database admin gui changed path for all data, index, transaction logs,  D:\netbackupDB_DB\data

have some concerns regarding the catalog backup.

How does the catalog backup know how to backup the new D:\NBU_DB\db folder from the D:\ rather than C:\ how can I confirm this. Is this from the registory.

How do I change the staging location from C:\ to D:\
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
1) Using the BAR GUI (select NBU_Catalog policy type)

or

2) bplist e.g.

# bplist -S host -C host -t 35 -s 03/09/2010 -e 03/10/2010 -l -R 4 /
drwxr-xr-x root      bin                 0 Mar 09 14:01 /opt/openv/volmgr/database/
-rw-r--r-- root      other               2 Sep 13  2002 /mountd20/netbackup/db/IDIRSTRUCT
-rw-r--r-- root      other               2 Sep 13  2002 /mountd20/netbackup/db/INDEXLEVEL
drw-r-xr-x root      other               0 Mar 09 09:47 /mountd20/netbackup/db/class/
...etc

& check the files are from the 'new' area(s)

***EDIT***
command would trail with C:\ or D:\ or similar for Windows instead of the "/" I quoted above (I think!)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified
I'd opened a support case before playing with NetBackup catalog.
Please take a look at this technote http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/320203.htm

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This Technote explains how to move the entire NBU to a new drive letter:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/325722.htm

backupmaster
Level 2
Hi thanks for the tech notes I have done exactly as the technotes so I m confident as to the work I have performed, again my point or question is not the catalog move but rather the catalog backup how can I determine I am backing up the correct paths via a hot catalog backup after the move of the netbackup\db folder.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
1) Using the BAR GUI (select NBU_Catalog policy type)

or

2) bplist e.g.

# bplist -S host -C host -t 35 -s 03/09/2010 -e 03/10/2010 -l -R 4 /
drwxr-xr-x root      bin                 0 Mar 09 14:01 /opt/openv/volmgr/database/
-rw-r--r-- root      other               2 Sep 13  2002 /mountd20/netbackup/db/IDIRSTRUCT
-rw-r--r-- root      other               2 Sep 13  2002 /mountd20/netbackup/db/INDEXLEVEL
drw-r-xr-x root      other               0 Mar 09 09:47 /mountd20/netbackup/db/class/
...etc

& check the files are from the 'new' area(s)

***EDIT***
command would trail with C:\ or D:\ or similar for Windows instead of the "/" I quoted above (I think!)