cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing NetBackup 6.5 client - leaves pbx_exchange directory and files that I cannot remove.

Nelson_Kaeppel
Level 3

We are eliminating NetBackup from our company and I am trying to remove the client from various servers.  When I do the uninstall, it leaves a "\Program Files\Veritas\VxPBX" directory and sub-directories hanging around.  If I try to manually delete them it tells me they are in use - so it appears the uninstall does not cleanly remove everything.

Doing some research, I found a "Symantec Private Branch Exchange" that was left on the server that did not get removed.  It points to an EXE in that directory mentioned above.  Since SEP is also this server, I am wondering if NetBackup and SEP were sharing the same service?  Why would SEP use a service in the "VERITAS" directory - thus preventing clean uninstalls of NetBackup?  Is this by design, or is there I way to get rid of that service without breaking SEP?

Thanks
NK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Netbackup isn't  the only application that uses pbx_exchange, so it make sense so leave pbx running. As far as I can recall, pbx_exchange has it own uninstall option in the control panels "add/remove programs".

SEP - Do you have Symantec Endpoint Protection running ?. (I guess Endpoint Protection uses pbx_exchnage CORBA function as well)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Netbackup isn't  the only application that uses pbx_exchange, so it make sense so leave pbx running. As far as I can recall, pbx_exchange has it own uninstall option in the control panels "add/remove programs".

SEP - Do you have Symantec Endpoint Protection running ?. (I guess Endpoint Protection uses pbx_exchnage CORBA function as well)

Will_Restore
Level 6
Symantec bought Veritas (the company) so they share some code.

Nelson_Kaeppel
Level 3
Thanks for the replies.  Yes, I have SEP client installed.

Nelson