cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a particular DB of a DAG from backup

smith_jones
Level 6

Hi,

Recently due to some issue of one DB of a DAG I had to stop its backup. It was letting all backups of other DBs to fail. 

As in a policy - the clients to be backed up is selected as DAG name and the backup selection as Microsoft Information Store\*

Now I had no idea how to just remove one DB from the MS Information Store\* of the DAG.

I just removed the MS IS\* backup selection and added all the DBs manually (expanded MS IS and check marked all the DBs excelpt the faulty one) except the one which I did not want.

My query is - Is there any way to just not backup one DB from the whole DAG MS IS\*  in a policy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

P_Kesavan
Level 4
Certified

Hi Smith,

I suppose starting from Netbackup 7.6 we can set an exclude list for the exchange DB backups.

Below is one of the examples of excluding Database2 from backup :

Exclude : Microsoft Information Store:\Database2

Please refer Netackup for Exchange Guide : 

About excluding Exchange items from backups - Page No : 98 (Netbackup 7.7)

Kesavan.P

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

P_Kesavan
Level 4
Certified

Hi Smith,

I suppose starting from Netbackup 7.6 we can set an exclude list for the exchange DB backups.

Below is one of the examples of excluding Database2 from backup :

Exclude : Microsoft Information Store:\Database2

Please refer Netackup for Exchange Guide : 

About excluding Exchange items from backups - Page No : 98 (Netbackup 7.7)

Kesavan.P

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

manatee
Level 6

hi,

why not just remove that problem DB from DAG?

Yes but That is the part of Exchange to remove DB from DAG. As per backup view I was looking and got the answer (host properties --> clients -->the client --> properties --> windows client option --> exclude list)

The DB is important to backup, it was just misbehaving suddenly. just an incident of some time.

Thanks all.