cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing images on DataDomain that I don't see in Netbackup

pmj
Level 3

Hi,

We are using NB 7.0.1 and backing up to two DataDomain 890 units. The DD890s are close to full and configured to run the clean process twice a week. I had EMC run a report on the system and there numerous backups on the systems that are over two years old. Our NB retention policy is 6 months. I'm sure if I can clean out those old images, I'd easily regain much needed space.

When I look for these jobs in the GUI, the policies are long gone so I can't manually expire the data that way.

I've run the following commands:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimage -cleanup -allclients

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdelete -allvolumes -force

It didn't free up space on DD as hoped. How can I remove these old backups from DD? 

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

once the images in the netbackup expires... DD should expire the data in its next cleaning cycle..

are you sure that its not expiring the data from DD, how you are getting to that conculsion..

did you find any referece image ID that are expired in Netbackup but still showing in DD?

or just considering the amount of size that is expired in netbackup Vs amount of data that is reclimed in DD.. if it is the case.. I am afride its not possible to get it. because of the deduplication 

if you find the backup Images in DD that are expired in netbackup then its time to raise a call with Data domain support.. they will do the Manual clean up..

Nothing to do with Netbackup.