cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename A Schedule Via The Command Line

yarbrough2
Level 4

I have a bunch of schedules that need to be renamed to a standard schedule name scheme.  I would like to do this via the command line, but have been unable to find a command line utility to do this.  I have been looking at bpplschedrep and bpplsched, but they will not rename an existing schedule.  Have I missed something, or is there not a command line utility to rename an existing schedule?  Thanks in advance.

John

4 REPLIES 4

Will_Restore
Level 6
you can rename at the filesystem level
  cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/POLICY/schedule
where POLICY is your policyname and schedule is the literal word, not your schedulename, and then
  mv existingname newname
probably best to restart Netbackup but I just did a refresh in the GUI and it saw the newname

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I THINK wrobbins' suggestion will work.  (That was going to be mine, right up until I realised I didn't want to put any authority behind it.)

If you DO go that route, I would STRONGLY suggest stopping NetBackup before and restarting it after you do your renames.

On the other hand, if you still want to go the command line route using a command that isn't "mv" :) I think the easiest way to do what you want is to replicate it with the desired schedule name using bpplschedrep, and then (after you're sure it's in place) delete the original schedule a bpplsched.

yarbrough2
Level 4
I have over 60 policies all with different start windows, I only have three different schedule names among them that qualify for the name change that I need to make.  This suggestion would work if the start windows were the same, but the different start windows makes the task very daunting.  I want a script that parses through a list of policies and renames the schedules accordingly.  I guess it's goint to be a manual venture.  Thanks for the input.

John

yarbrough2
Level 4

Thanks, I'll have to think about that.  I have worked with schedules using the  /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/POLICY/schedule directory before, but a mass change of a majority of my policies is a bit risky to me.  I may just go with a manual creation of the schedules.  It's more work, but less risk.  

John