cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace ACSLS host in Netbackup

RW126305
Level 2

This is my first post.  Be gentle.  

I have a NBU environment with a master and four media servers.  The equipment is in a datacenter where the library is shared between customers using the data center.  The managers of the DC are replacing the ACSLS Host used by Netbackup.  The new ACSLS host is configured to operate the same, the name and IP are chaning.

What are my options for chaning or replacing the ACSLS host in Netbackup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You just need to change the ACSLS host name in the robot configuration (under devices) and re-start netbackup on the media servers. Ensure ALL netbackup processes are stopped (a reboot maybe be much better).

acsls_nbu_config.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@RW126305 posted the following over here:

Sounds like I need to do the following... 

• Delete all devices associated with media servers
  • Delete all STUs for above media servers
  • Ensure forward and reverse hostname lookup between new media servers and clients
  • Ensure devices can be seen at OS level on new media servers
  • Run Device Config Wizard on new robot control host
  • Inventory robot (check that Barcode Rules, Media Generation, etc are in place)
  • Update policies with new STUs
  • Test backups
  • Test restores from old backups

Marianne
Level 6

Changing robot control host is not the same as changing ACSLS host.

With ACSLS there is no Robot control host in NBU - there is one ACSLS robot configured with the hostname of ACSLS server as attribute. All media servers talk directly to this ACSLS server.

You did not mention OS of media servers?

This is important, because Windows media servers have an additional piece of software called LibAttach.

If we know OS, we can provide list of steps that will help in your situation.

RW126305
Level 2

Master server and four media servers are all SLES10.

Nothing is changing in the Netbackup configuration except the ACSLS Host name and IP. 

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You just need to change the ACSLS host name in the robot configuration (under devices) and re-start netbackup on the media servers. Ensure ALL netbackup processes are stopped (a reboot maybe be much better).

acsls_nbu_config.png

Marianne
Level 6

Nicolai is 100% right!! yesyesyes

I have clearly not worked with ACSLS robots in a long time.... blush

You will need to check vm.conf entries on all media servers as well for any entries such as:

ACS_CSI_HOSTPORT 
ACS_SSI_INET_PORT 
ACS_SSI_HOSTNAME 

If this a 'managed services' environment, there may be a firewall in place as well as as Access Control as far as media access is concerned.

Please see Nicolai's excellent blogs:

Firewall: http://www.mass.dk/netbackup/guides/48-netbackup-and-the-acsls-firewall-feature.html 

Access controlhttp://www.mass.dk/netbackup/guides/61-acsls-volume-access-control.html