cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicate Existing Backup Images from on DD to another DD

braves4
Level 2

Hi ..

I am using Netbackup 7.5.0.4. All my backups are writting to DataDomain 880 which is configured as OpenStorage with DDBoost.

Now the existing DataDomain880 is being decomissioned & new DataDomain990 has been provided.

I am done with configuring new DD990 & currently targetting all my jobs to this one.

I want to know if there is any automated way to duplicate the existing backup images from the old DD880 to new DD990.

I am aware of the manual way. I did duplicate one of the image to DD990 , set that as Primary copy & performed a restore successful.

Please let us know if any one is aware of this.

9 REPLIES 9

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

Automated.... only via scripting as I am not aware of any automated tasks for this, so the bpduplicate command...

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry - NO automated way....

You will have to list all images on old DD and then script duplication to new DD.

You can add all image numbers to a file and use '-Bidfile <file_name>' with bpduplicate.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Put all the images into a BID file then use the -Bidfile option with bpduplicate

Easy peasy that way

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

you beat me to the punch Marianne :)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Or simply wait for the backup images on the DD880 to expire before power-off.  This will of cause only work if retention is relative short. Lazy option - I know :)

braves4
Level 2

How can i create this BID file ?

ashish_patil01
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Please refer to the below link for bidfile usage.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43654

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Expand Reports in the GUI, expand 'Disk Reports', run Images on Disk report.

Save output to a file and extract images numbers from the file.

If all images were written to this STU, you can also run bpimagelist from cmd and specify the period that will cover all images written to this STU:

bpimagelist -idonly -d <start-date> -e <end-date>

e.g:

bpimagelist -idonly -d 01/01/2010 -e 08/20/2013

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Or use the bpimmedia -disk_stu commadn line option (basially the same as Mariannes "Disk Report" advice).

You may need the -dtdisk_type -stype server_type qualifyers before Netbackup will list the contens of a Data Domain device.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43662