Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication Director for EMC VMAX (block storage) - SCRIPTS

Adrian_N
Not applicable
Partner Employee Accredited

Hi All,

Is there anyone out there in the community that has developed ANY scripted solution that can manage EMC VMAX snapshots on fiber/block storage?

This does not have to be granular, but at least coordinate snaps and be able to take a backup of the snap.

Many thanks,

Adrian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Adrian,

I'm confused, why do you need scripts? We have snapshot integration with timefinder to make and take backups of snaps.

Where does the replication director fit into your question?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi Adrian,

I'm confused, why do you need scripts? We have snapshot integration with timefinder to make and take backups of snaps.

Where does the replication director fit into your question?

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Adrian are you talking about something like admsnap for the EMC Clariion ?

Have made some scripts for snapping using admsnap in connection with a file backup some years ago.

Don't have these scripts anymore, but think I can still remember system/gist of them.

By the way which OS(es) are this for ?

Found this thread https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-scripts-vmax-timefinderclone-bcvs there could be of interest for you

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne
Level 6

No reply from Adrian in over a month....

It seems that you are looking for the Snapshot Client option that will automate the snapshot and backup.
So, no need for any scripts.
Only Enterprise Client license is needed.

See NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide