cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication Error of Some Kind

backup-botw
Level 6

Any ideas as to what exactly this means?

03/17/2015 20:18:11 masterservera -  SOURCE_HOST:masterserverb.domain.com
                    Import manager in Target Master Server 'masterservera'
                    received invalid event for backup ID
                    'servername_1426640400' because the StorageServer/LSU
                    'mediaservera/PureDiskVolume' is not covered by Import
                    destination's residence of SLP 'SLP_Import_InTeRnAl'.
                    Image will be deleted after remote retention is reached.
                    If Targeted Auto Image Replication is being used in
                    source domain then consider retargeting of replication
                    operation in source SLP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

backup-botw
Level 6

Ok I was able to figure this out today. Looked at it a bit closer and it turns out they were a little too exaclty alike. All 3 of my SLP's on the source side were writing to the same pool and then trying to replication to a differnet media server on the target side. All set now after fixing that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What version are you using? TECH228544 addressed this error:

Under certain conditions, AIR configurations will run import jobs under the SLP_No_Target_SLP "Job Policy."

The SLP_No_Target_SLP tag is used to indicate cases where the image cannot be correctly imported into the target domain using defined SLPs (storage lifecycle policies).

This can occur under two scenarios:

• when there is no storage to cover the LSU (logical storage unit) receiving a replicated image
  • when the import destination in the specified SLP has a storage unit or storage unit group with no access to the LSU

Cause

The above scenarios occur when target domain storage configurations or SLP definitions is updated without changes to the source side domain. Prior to version 7.6, NetBackup would just fail to import such images. In 7.6 and later, a decision was made to change NetBackup's behavior to import the image if possible, but not manage it with SLP.

Solution

It is the responsibility of the NetBackup admin to make appropriate adjustments to the target/source environment.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Moved discussion to correct forum...

backup-botw
Level 6

I am running 7.6.0.2. I dont see any of the jobs running with that Job Policy name. Unfortunately that solutoin doesnt really help much. What is it I need to be looking for? What change needs to be made to correct the issue? The SLP is setup exactly the same as all the others that are working without issue.

backup-botw
Level 6

Ok I was able to figure this out today. Looked at it a bit closer and it turns out they were a little too exaclty alike. All 3 of my SLP's on the source side were writing to the same pool and then trying to replication to a differnet media server on the target side. All set now after fixing that.