Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication director - full vm restore failing with error code 67

1501SV
Level 4
Partner

hi experts,

want to know if anyone has come across this 67 error code -- (67) client backup failed to read the file list

other details in our configuration

1. topology used - snapshot - snapmirror- snapvalut

2. Backups went fine for volume and VM level

3. Current restoration source is 1st copy (snapshot) so we couldnt gather much of info from NBUplugin logs or trace logs

4. Checked logs from symantec and yet couldnt find any clues on the failure

5. My ESX's are using NFS data stores 

I am expecting some connectivity issue for doing the restore, however couldnt find the stopper here.  Please assist

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1501SV
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for the follow-up Marianne. Yes this is fixed now.

For doing the backups, we have mounted NFS data stores with vfiler on the ESX datastore as per below tech note from Symantec.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212314

So while doing the restore, netbackup couldn't read it via the management IP (backups are done on NFS IP). We made changes to /etc/hosts on the netbackup media server which helped us to do the restorations

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems nobody else on this forum is using Replication Director for VMware.

Have you logged a Support call with Symantec?

1501SV
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for the follow-up Marianne. Yes this is fixed now.

For doing the backups, we have mounted NFS data stores with vfiler on the ESX datastore as per below tech note from Symantec.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212314

So while doing the restore, netbackup couldn't read it via the management IP (backups are done on NFS IP). We made changes to /etc/hosts on the netbackup media server which helped us to do the restorations

Rudi_Tairow
Level 2

Hi 1501SV,

we run into the same error. I have assigned a secound network card to the NBU Master/Media Server and connect it to the private network which is used for the mapping the NFS-Datastores.

Unfortunately I still get the error message durcing the vm restore: client backup failed to read the file list (67)

Could you please provide me the data which you changed in the /etc/hosts files on the NBU media server ?

Thanks and kind regards,

Rudi