cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication

Kunalgoel
Level 4

Hello Team,

I want to configure AIR in my environment. I have gone through couple of docs having some queries.

I got to  know that we need to configure SLP on both side with same name. On production site two operations needs to configure under SLP (Backup and Replicate) and at DR site "Import" operation needs to be configured under SLP.

Scenario1: Can i replicate only catalog backup to DR site? If yes, in case any client server crashed then can i recover from DR site?

Scenario2: Can i replicate only individual images not catalog backup? If yes, in case any client server crashed then can i recover from DR site?

In both scenario: Suppose in my production site 200 clients are getting backed up through 20 policies . so is there need to configure same policies and clients at DR site?

ON both sites master server name, version, release should be same?

1 REPLY 1

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

use scenario 2/. Local catalog at DR site is then built up from the imported images.On the other hand, catalog backup from primary site replicated to DR is useless for restores from copies imported in DR locality.

As for SLP creation, it is needed only on primary site. SLP's for imports are by default created automatically on DR site (see SLP Parameters).

When you propose DR site just for DR restores, you dont need to create policies there. If you intend to use DR site for backups takeover, then yes, you can pre-create them as inactive (you can alleviate most of this work by \netbackup\db\class folder copying).

NBU versions in AIR can differ. You can replicate from lower to higher version and vice versa.

Regards