Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report/Alerts When SQL/Db2 Database was last backed up

bmaro
Level 4

Netbackup 7.6.0.2 running on aix

OpsCenter  Analytics 7.6.0.2 on Windows 2008

Netbackup Appliance Media Sevrer 5230 2.6.0.2

Is there a report or alert we can set up to let us know when last a SQL or DB2 database was backed up?  For example we backup a sql client(many) and the sql client has 100 databases and the backup runs and backs up 99 and fails on one database.  We have backup error alerts setup for that one failed stream but we would also like a report that runs in the morning after the backups(client risk) that can show us the last time each individual database was actually backed up.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

yes...you have various reports avaliable in Opscenter.

look into the OpsCenter webGUI--> reprots---> reports templets..

you can check in status & success rate also in Client reports and looks for the one that give the info that you needed.

then edit the reprot and do select only the Policies or clients that you need in this reprot and save it..

you can also schedule it to get an automoatic mail at required time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

yes...you have various reports avaliable in Opscenter.

look into the OpsCenter webGUI--> reprots---> reports templets..

you can check in status & success rate also in Client reports and looks for the one that give the info that you needed.

then edit the reprot and do select only the Policies or clients that you need in this reprot and save it..

you can also schedule it to get an automoatic mail at required time.

bmaro
Level 4

thanks, so your saying that there are reports within opscenter that will show me when each individual database on a client was backed up?  I haven't seen that in there, just reports based off of clients not the databases on the client.  I need a risk coverage report so for example say that there are 200 databases on client x, I need to run a report for operations to check in the morning and it will show if database #151 didn't get backed up on client x last night. We do have real time alerts setup in opscenter for the backup errors but they would also like a report which technically they could get from the helpdesk software but they are asking if that can be done within ops center.  Thanks.