cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requester does not see the Restored file?

Almightylester
Not applicable
Certified

I have restored the file successfully but for some reason the Requester does not see it on his side. The drives that I see in Netabackup is different from what the Requester is seeing (Netbackup Drive F: = Requester Drive k:). 

I tried restoring it on a different drives but still.

Is there a workaround for this? and is there a way for me to check what drive the requester is accessing in netbackup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Did you choose the correct destination client? If not you will have restored it to the server you ran the job from

You cannot browse to an alternate client location - you just need to type in the path

Also bear in mind the file will keep its properties and attributes so the user may not have access to it or it may be a hidden file - but it sounds like you may have restored it locally and not to the destination client

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Did you choose the correct destination client? If not you will have restored it to the server you ran the job from

You cannot browse to an alternate client location - you just need to type in the path

Also bear in mind the file will keep its properties and attributes so the user may not have access to it or it may be a hidden file - but it sounds like you may have restored it locally and not to the destination client

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

does the restore destination and the server that is being used by the requestor is same ?

or  / are you doing the restore to the file server and requestor is accessing that as a network share from other server....?

i am seeing this would be the possible reason.. becase if they are local drives there is no chance that netbackup see the drives with one letter and requester with other one..