Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements FT Media Server

Di_Ro
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello All,

I'm trying to configure a Linux FT Media Server, I reviewed the HCL and SCL docs, but I cannot find which are the CPU, disk, memory requirements for FT media Server, does anybody have this information?

And by the otherside, I know it requires an Enterprise Client License for eache SAN Client configured, but I don't know which licenses do I need to connect it to mi Library (IBM Anaconda 3500), I think it requieres:

- SYMC NETBACKUP OPTION LIBRARY BASED TAPE DRIVE 7.5 XPLAT PER DRIVE STD LIC per each drive??

- SYMC NETBACKUP OPTION SHARED STORAGE OPTION 7.5 XPLAT 1 DRIVE  per drive?? or per library??

- Another license for FT Media Server??

I'm not sure

Hope can help me...

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If your media server to be configured as Fiber Transport media server is a separate server, you need another Enterprise Server license for the media server.
License is tiered.

LIBRARY BASED TAPE DRIVE is licensed per robotic tape drive.

SHARED STORAGE OPTION is licensed per shared drive.

As Symantec Partner, you have access to PartnerNet, right?
Please download the NetBackup Licensing guide from PartnerNet. All is explained in this guide.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

About the SAN Client license key

Enter the SAN Client license key on the NetBackup master server.

If the NetBackup Enterprise Media Manager server runs on a host other than the master server, also enter the license key on that host. Normally, the EMM server runs on the NetBackup master server host, but it can run on any NetBackup media server.

If the license key expires or is unavailable (such as in a disaster recovery situation), backups and restores occur over the LAN. 

Di_Ro
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you revaroo, Just checking your comments,

You mean that I have to add the Master Server License (NetBackup Enterprise Server) on the new FT Media Server? I don't need another one?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If your media server to be configured as Fiber Transport media server is a separate server, you need another Enterprise Server license for the media server.
License is tiered.

LIBRARY BASED TAPE DRIVE is licensed per robotic tape drive.

SHARED STORAGE OPTION is licensed per shared drive.

As Symantec Partner, you have access to PartnerNet, right?
Please download the NetBackup Licensing guide from PartnerNet. All is explained in this guide.

Di_Ro
Level 4
Partner Accredited

thank you Marianne!