cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] EXIT error: VxSS access denied

Anthony_SQB
Level 2
Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to test NetBackup KMS, I created the database with the "nbkms -createemptydb" command, everything was fine, but when I try to create a keygroup I have the following error:

./nbkmsutil -createkg -kgname ENCR_TESTKMS

Access denied on this operation, check NBAC permissions

EXIT error: VxSS access denied
EXIT status = 117

I checked on the NBU console and the root user is in the "NBU_KMS Admin" group so he should be able to create keygroup.

NB: when I try to list the keygroups,  I have this message:

./nbkmsutil -listkgs 

No Key Groups were found

This mean I can browse the db but I can't create anything ...

Do you have any idea ?

PS: I am using NetBackup 6.5.4 on Solaris 10.

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6

Recommended action:
1 If you use the default groups, make certain that the user attempts to perform an operation appropriate for that group. For example, a member of NBU_Operators is unable to modify policy information, which is a permission reserved for administrator roles.

2 Ensure that the system has sufficient swap space and the following directories are not full:
/home/username
/user/openv/netbackup/logs
/tmp

3 If you use your own defined groups and permissions, first determine the object with which the operation is associated. Then add the permissions relative to the action. For example, a user is required to up and down drives but currently does not have permission to do so. Verify that the user belongs to the correct authorization group. If necessary, verify that the group has Up and Down permissions on the Drive object within the Group Permission tab. If necessary, increase the verbosity level of NetBackup to locate what object and what permissions are required for the failing request.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301403.htm

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Will_Restore
Level 6

Recommended action:
1 If you use the default groups, make certain that the user attempts to perform an operation appropriate for that group. For example, a member of NBU_Operators is unable to modify policy information, which is a permission reserved for administrator roles.

2 Ensure that the system has sufficient swap space and the following directories are not full:
/home/username
/user/openv/netbackup/logs
/tmp

3 If you use your own defined groups and permissions, first determine the object with which the operation is associated. Then add the permissions relative to the action. For example, a user is required to up and down drives but currently does not have permission to do so. Verify that the user belongs to the correct authorization group. If necessary, verify that the group has Up and Down permissions on the Drive object within the Group Permission tab. If necessary, increase the verbosity level of NetBackup to locate what object and what permissions are required for the failing request.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301403.htm

Anthony_SQB
Level 2
I found my problem:

the user that connects to the NBAC is not root and that user was not in the right group (NBU_KMS Admin), I realised that when I launched the "bpnbat -whoami" command after the "bpnat -login". Now it's good. ( I explain the solution for people who would have the same problem as I have :))

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Nice to see people come backup to update their posts!

Have marked your post as the solution. yes

***EDIT***
Altho' having done that maybe you should mark Bills post as the solution as it appears that this is what he suggested earlier. (Sorry Bill, missed that & have corrected!)