cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoration

rociocarvallo1
Level 3
I have 100 plus servers that run on just 2 tape drives with an 80- tape changer , i need any advice and tips tricks , best practices for netbackup scheduleing , I need you thoughts on priorities and any thing that you have come accross to make netbackup more efficient .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vincentwegg78
Level 2
There are several things that are important here. What kind of tape drives do you have? What is the total amount of data that is going to be backed up? Having only two tape drives I doubt that you are able to do a full backup of all during the weekend but again, that all depends on the number of files and the total size of it all. Might consider spreading the full backups from friday to sunday and doing incrementals the rest of the week. You must carefully consider the backup windows so that you are sure to get a copy of everything. 100 servers on two drives is alot, but should be possible depending on the speed of your network, your tape drive specs and general needs. I guess if you have one or more SQL servers their admins have set the maintenance plans to dump the database to disk at a certain time. So needless to say all backup windows of those servers need to start after the dump is complete. So that is a good place to start.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

vincentwegg78
Level 2
There are several things that are important here. What kind of tape drives do you have? What is the total amount of data that is going to be backed up? Having only two tape drives I doubt that you are able to do a full backup of all during the weekend but again, that all depends on the number of files and the total size of it all. Might consider spreading the full backups from friday to sunday and doing incrementals the rest of the week. You must carefully consider the backup windows so that you are sure to get a copy of everything. 100 servers on two drives is alot, but should be possible depending on the speed of your network, your tape drive specs and general needs. I guess if you have one or more SQL servers their admins have set the maintenance plans to dump the database to disk at a certain time. So needless to say all backup windows of those servers need to start after the dump is complete. So that is a good place to start.

rociocarvallo1
Level 3