cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Destination greyed out on client BAR gui...and differs from depending on user.

zmlat
Level 4

Experience a strange issue...

Environment is NBU 7.7.3, RedHat master/media servers.

I have a Windows cluster I'm backing up. So I have a policy for the "shared" drive with clustername as the backup client, and a policy for the 2 nodes in the cluster (nodeA and nodeB). I've setup the altnames directory so I can login to either node, and restore files from the clustername client.

Here is the strange part...
I login to nodeA, and I can select clustername from the  "Source client for restore" drop down. Destination client for restores is greyed out, and shows nodeA clientname. Restore works fine.
Another user does the same...RDPs to nodeA, selects clustername from the source drop down, but for her session, the destination client (also greyed out) is also the clustername ???  Restore fails in this instance with error code 37. I'm not a windows admin, so I'm not sure how/why NB is setting that destination client differently depending on the user.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Zmlat,

When your problem user is RDP'd into NodeA, have a look at the following Registry Key (Note it is HKCU, but where it says administrator below, this should be your problem user's name):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\NetBackup Client\administrator\Settings

Now look at the Value Name of LastDestClient.  You should find that the Value Data for this is set to the clustername, which is what you don't want.  You can use Regedit to change this to NodeA.  Although you can make this change while the BAR GUI is running, close it before making the change.  Next time you open the BAR GUI, you should have the correct value.

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Zmlat,

When your problem user is RDP'd into NodeA, have a look at the following Registry Key (Note it is HKCU, but where it says administrator below, this should be your problem user's name):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\NetBackup Client\administrator\Settings

Now look at the Value Name of LastDestClient.  You should find that the Value Data for this is set to the clustername, which is what you don't want.  You can use Regedit to change this to NodeA.  Although you can make this change while the BAR GUI is running, close it before making the change.  Next time you open the BAR GUI, you should have the correct value.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Thanks!

That was it.