Spartacus81
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Friends,

NBU Master 7.5.0.6 W2K8 64bit

NBU Media 7.5.0.6 SuSe 10 SP2 Linux 64bit as Proxy Server

Sharepoint FEWS 2010 W2K8 SP 1

Sharepoint SQL Backend  W2K8 SP 2

Just got the sharepoint vmware backup working both ASC jobs completed successfully for FEWS and BackEnd SQL.

I understand in order to do FLR out of Sharepoint VMWARE backup the restore process is still the same as restoring from a standard sharepoint agent backup. 

So when i select the server name and policy type MS-Sharepoint in the BAR gui it doesnt show me the sharepiont vmware backup? Has anyone seen this problem before? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Spartacus81
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your response mate.. Course its all setup correctly hence why all backups are working (Sharepoint agent, Sharepoint agent GRT and Sharepoint VMWARE).. 

anyway i have figured it out its bascially down to the precise server name that BPRESOLVER picking it up while captuing the ASC and it was all in uppercase without the domain name.

So for example if the FEWS FQDN is sharepoint.symantec.com you need to look into the ASC job log for the line 

16/12/2014 09:55:11 - Info ascc(pid=4827) SharePoint: Host sharepoint.symantec.com successfully protected SharePoint and cataloged under XXXXX.

so make sure you put that XXXXX name in the BAR gui to be able to browse the shareopint vmware backup it may be difference than what you think it might be. now i have figured it it feels like its a school boy error... :)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Setting up application protection is complicated. If the Application State Capture job completes with a 0 then you should have the images.

Have you checked the catalog to see what images are available for restore?

For more information check the Sharepoint Admin guide chapter 7:

http://kbdownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/6000/DOC6480/en_U...

Please read the section about "Limitations" and then go over the 11 step process to make sure everything is set up correctly.

Spartacus81
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your response mate.. Course its all setup correctly hence why all backups are working (Sharepoint agent, Sharepoint agent GRT and Sharepoint VMWARE).. 

anyway i have figured it out its bascially down to the precise server name that BPRESOLVER picking it up while captuing the ASC and it was all in uppercase without the domain name.

So for example if the FEWS FQDN is sharepoint.symantec.com you need to look into the ASC job log for the line 

16/12/2014 09:55:11 - Info ascc(pid=4827) SharePoint: Host sharepoint.symantec.com successfully protected SharePoint and cataloged under XXXXX.

so make sure you put that XXXXX name in the BAR gui to be able to browse the shareopint vmware backup it may be difference than what you think it might be. now i have figured it it feels like its a school boy error... :)