cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Report

Mark_Hunt_3
Level 3
Certified
Hello, I have been asked if I can run a report showing how many restores we have done in the last couple of months. Is there an easy way of finding this out?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Stumpr2
Level 6

Mark Hunt wrote:
Hello, I have been asked if I can run a report showing how many restores we have done in the last couple of months. Is there an easy way of finding this out?

Come back with more information like what version of NetBackup, what platform, what OS, How do you initiate the restore requests? java, admin console, user restores? db restores or just flat data. Do you have any reporting tools in place, NOM?, advanced reporter? etc....etc...

Casey_King
Level 6
I tend to track my restores in a spreadsheet
Date:
Media:
Job ID:
Requestor:
client:
directory:
File(s)
Status

If I would be able to export this at the end of the month instead of through manual entry that would be great.  I run 5.1MP3 on windows 2003SE and do all restores through admin console.

Mark_Hunt_3
Level 3
Certified
I am running NetBackup 6.0 MP4 and the OS is Solaris 9. The majority of the restores are started from the users although I do also start many myself from the java admin console. I have installed NOM but have given up with it for the time being as it is so slow and I haven't had time to look into it. Most of the restores are flat file restores but their will be a few database restores in the last couple of months as well.  

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
bperror -t retrieve -hoursago 100000 -L |egrep 'J\:[1-9]'

you can replace hoursago value to number meets your requirement or use
 [-d mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS|-hoursago hours] [-e mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS]

value next to J: is the jobid for restore. If you are interested in getting more details about the job, you can run

bperror -jobid <job_id>  [-d mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS|-hoursago hours] [-e mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS] -U

Mark_Hunt_3
Level 3
Certified
Thanks Rakesh, I had been trying to use the bperror command but had been unable to find the correct options. Unfortunately even though I am entering 100000 hours the output only goes back as far as the 6th April. If I try puting in two dates before the 6th April e.g. bperror -t retrieve -d 02/01/2007 00:00:00  -e 04/01/2007 00:00:00 -L , I just get the message "no entity was found".  I assume the bperror command uses the logs and we only keep 7 days worth of these.