Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore SQL cluster Database

ghani01
Level 3
Partner Certified

Hi All,

I have a SQL database cluster Server ,local drive (C and D) and Present from storage LUN (J, K, and L).  I already configure MS windows Backup policy with enable Bare Metal Restore (BMR) option and backup selection (ALL LOCAL DRIVE).

Let say, the server crash or can't boot windows, how can i do a BMR restore?.How i manage the drive J, K and L?..Need or not to separate backup policy for J,K and L drive.?

Environment= NetBackup 7.6.0.1, Win Server 2008/2012

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Correct.

You could try one windows policy (with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES) but I've noticed that when using MSCS the drives (J, K, and L) don't get completed removed from the system when it fails over. They are not there but for some reason the drives (J, K, and L) get reported to the NetBackup client so it creates a stream for them but they end up failing with a 69 error.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst

I would create MS windows 1 policy with BMR enabled for OS drives, clients = both nodes. Then I would create a second MS windows policy for the shared drives, clients = virtual name. And then obviously a third MS-SQL-Server policy for the databases, clients = virtual name

ghani01
Level 3
Partner Certified

thanks Riaan,

but how to define in backup policy the shared drives?

RiaanBadenhorst

J:\

K:\

L:\

You can add new stream in between them if you require multistreaming.

Make sure the client name is set to the virtual name of SQL.

ghani01
Level 3
Partner Certified

Hi Riaan,

That means for 1 cluster DB need to do:

1-MS windows backup policy with BMR enable.(local drive)

2-MS windows backup policy (shared drive)

3- MS-SQL backup Policy.

Correct me if i am wrong....

thanks a lot...

RiaanBadenhorst

Correct.

You could try one windows policy (with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES) but I've noticed that when using MSCS the drives (J, K, and L) don't get completed removed from the system when it fails over. They are not there but for some reason the drives (J, K, and L) get reported to the NetBackup client so it creates a stream for them but they end up failing with a 69 error.