cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore SQL transaction log along with database to a different SQL Server

Samzone
Level 2

Hi all,

I am having a question about if I can restore SQL transaction logs along with a full database backups to a different SQL server (same version SQL server)?

I took a full database (configured as FULL recovery mode) backup last night, and had SQL transaction log backups running at every hours since last night backup (the database and transaction logs backups are done through client Ms SQL agent on a different SQL backup policies). When I tried to select the txlog for restore in “Stage full recovery”, the move script option is NOT available for all. I am curous if I can restrore SQL TXlog and database to a different SQL server. thanks!

Best Regards

Sammy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Where did you try to start the restore?

It must be done on the destination client where you want to restore to.

You first have to authorize redirected restore on the master by creating altnames files or else No.Restrictions touch file.

See 'Redirecting a restore to a different host'  in NetBackup for Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5173 

Please also ensure that you have NBU 7.5.0.5 or later installed on the SQL servers - there were bugs/issues with erlier 7.5 patch levels.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Will_Restore
Level 6

You have to select a Full database backup image along with the transaction log(s).

[ Ctrl-click will allow you to select multiple objects. ]

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Where did you try to start the restore?

It must be done on the destination client where you want to restore to.

You first have to authorize redirected restore on the master by creating altnames files or else No.Restrictions touch file.

See 'Redirecting a restore to a different host'  in NetBackup for Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5173 

Please also ensure that you have NBU 7.5.0.5 or later installed on the SQL servers - there were bugs/issues with erlier 7.5 patch levels.