cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a file

PD001
Level 5

We are running Netbackup 6.5.4. Production side is a 2-node SFW-HA 5.1 A/P local cluster hosting one instance of NetBackup 6.5.4 in 64-bit Windows 2003 environment. The DR side is a 1-node local cluster,
which is on standby in case the production side’s NBU instance needs to fail over. Replication is
performed asynchronously via VERITAS Volume Replicator (VVR). We are running Puredisk 6.6 both at the Primary and DR sites. Is it possible when I fail over my cluster to the DR site to restore a file from my DR Puredisk? Not sure how I would select that in the job.

thanks

Pat

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are both PD's configured as STU's in NBU? Are you using SLP's to duplicate between Prod and DR PD's?

PD001
Level 5

Both are confirgured in NBU and we are replicating data from our Primary to our Secondary PD

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

WHICH replication/duplication method?

If you use SLP's to duplicate the data, the NBU image database will know about the second copy and you will be able to restore from it.

PD001
Level 5

yes we are using SLP's to duplicate our data to our Secondary PD Server. When I perform the resotre, how do I point it to pull from my secondary PD?

thanks

PD001
Level 5

Sorry, we are not using SLP's to duplicate our data, we are using Vault Management.

PD001
Level 5

How is SLP's and Vault Managment different?