cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a snapshot after retention date

Jajones
Level 3

I have a server that needs to be put back to the 9th.  I try to restore it and I can only go back as far as the 11th.  I have the tape that is needed offsite.  Is there anyway that I can restore this VM? 

Windows 2003 SP2

NetBackup 17.0.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Tape number will not show in drop-down if no images are associated with media is. Simply type in the media id when you get to step 2 of the TN:

2.  Enter the Media ID and Media Server in the Initialize Import box.

When Activity Monitor says 'Mounted' what does the Results tab of the Catalog section say? Right-click on job in Results tab and select Full View.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

Seems your retention levels are lower than business requirements?

The assumption is that the images on offsite tapes have already expired, right? You can re-import them using the procedure described in this TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH43584

Jajones
Level 3

Thank you for the reply.  I am in the process of doing this now.  I am running into an issue where if the tape I am trying to look at has been set the the scratch volume pool it wont read it.  I have tried to set the tape into the right volume pool and it is in the stage one process but taking a bit long.  Am I doing this right?

Jajones
Level 3

Let me clarify.  I created a volume pool "Import" and put the tapes in it.  I then selected the tape. In the activity monitor it is at the mounted stage.  When I try to go back to "Cataloge" and hit the drop down box from Media ID, the tape does not show up.  Does it take awhile for the tape to show?

Marianne
Level 6

Tape number will not show in drop-down if no images are associated with media is. Simply type in the media id when you get to step 2 of the TN:

2.  Enter the Media ID and Media Server in the Initialize Import box.

When Activity Monitor says 'Mounted' what does the Results tab of the Catalog section say? Right-click on job in Results tab and select Full View.