cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore client data from NFS/CIFS storage box using Domain2 after crashed happend on Domain1 using AIR.

devendra_singh
Level 3

Hi All ,

I have storage box A on which i have created OST type file system  and used another storage box B for replication(AIR replication).

I have two BackupServer on which NetBackup7.5 has installed ,one is used as Domain1 and another is used as Domain2 .

I have applied all AIR related setting on both Domain1 and Domain2.

Create Diskpool,Storgae unit,SLP(same on domain1 and Domain2),policy for Domain1,schdule etc.

Start Backup from Domain1 to Storage Box A.

Backup job successfully completed and after 2 minute replication job started that copied all backup data from Storage Box A to Storage Box B and copied catalog2 too.

Catalog imporeted from StorageBox  B to Domain2.

Ctalog imported successfully and all image related information displayed(db/image ) file (.f).

My question is that  how i will restore client data from storage box B(that contain replicated data) using domain2 server if my domain1 server has collapsed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you just need to trigger the restore from the Domain2.  provided the communication with the destination client.

destination client can be the same as source client(backed up Domain1) , but it also should have the communication.

if not, you can try alternate client restore to the destination which is having the access from Domain2

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

you just need to trigger the restore from the Domain2.  provided the communication with the destination client.

destination client can be the same as source client(backed up Domain1) , but it also should have the communication.

if not, you can try alternate client restore to the destination which is having the access from Domain2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The whole idea with AIR is to enable restores in Domain2. (as per Chapter 20 of NBU Admin Guide I)

So, in Domain2, you will be able to browse backups for Domain1 clients.
You can then perform a redirected restore to a Domain2 client.

If you want to restore back to Domain1 clients, you need to ensure the necessary comms between Domain2 servers and Domain1 clients: 
port comms (1556)
forward and reverse hostname lookup 
SERVER entries on Domain1 clients for Domain2 servers.

See About restoring from a backup at a target master domain in above manual.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Maybe OT - But I think devendra may find the link interestnig at a later time:

Auto Image Replication (AIR): How To move a copy of an image back to the source master server

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH205923

devendra_singh
Level 3

Thanks Nagalla

Client related entry was missing on Domain2 server side that i have added after your suggestion.

After that  i have triggered restore job from Domain2 server that started successfully.

devendra_singh
Level 3

Thanks to all for getting back to me so quickely.