cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore encrypted SQL database on another server

SV7-MTV
Level 2

Hi folks!

Recently we applied TDE (Transparent Data Encryption) on some of our SQL databases on an SQL server. Netbackup policies keep working troublefree both for Full and Incremental Backups.

Now, we need to perform a restore of one of these databases onto another SQL server where the TDE has been applied as well.

I try to make the restore but I got the error with status 2828. Can someone guide me on how to do the restore?

Thank you all in advance for the support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
3 REPLIES 3

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

Message: Restore failed because the MS-SQL-Server services are down

Explanation: The SQL Server services are down on the system where the NetBackup client and the NetBackup for SQL Server agent are running. So the NetBackup for SQL Server agent cannot connect to the SQL Server.

Recommended Action: Check that the SQL Server instance service is running and that NetBackup processes have permission to access the SQL Server instance service.

Please refer to Netbackup 8.x Microsoft SQL Adminstrative guide for the detailed restore procedure

NetBackup for Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide 

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

backup/restore database without NetBackup first, e.g. via SQL Management Studio to/from a disk. If it is ok, we can troubleshoot more on the Netbackup side. If it fails, there is some trouble on SQL side.

Regards

Michal

Marianne