cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore failing with NBU status: 2075, EMM status: Fibre Transport resources are not available

Satyajit_Pal
Level 3

HI All,

I am doing a restore on a stanard unix server and the backup date is just 7 days before.

Client: UNIX server
Backup Date: 7/5/2013
Backup Type: Standard
Data available on a Tape
NBU Version: 7.1

When i initiated the restore, i found it is failed with below error.

Jul 11, 2013 2:42:26 PM - Error nbjm (pid=2312) NBU status: 2075, EMM status: Fibre Transport resources are not available
Jul 11, 2013 2:42:26 PM - Error nbjm (pid=2312) NBU status: 2075, EMM status: Fibre Transport resources are not available
Jul 11, 2013 2:51:07 PM - Error bptm (pid=21871) error requesting media, TpErrno = Robot operation failed

I checked the Fibre Transport option in the Master server properties and found that it is set to preferred option which says " Restores for SAN clients will use FT Transport if available. If a FT device is not available, data transfer will proceed using LAN. Waiting period to re-try before switching to LAN transport for restore is: 5 mins."

I set is as Never and restarted the NBU. But still the job is failing with below error code.

Jul 11, 2013 2:51:07 PM - Error bptm (pid=21871) error requesting media, TpErrno = Robot operation failed

I executed the below commands  to check if the restore will go fine, but it ddn't go.

bash-3.00$ suexec /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbrbutil -releaseOrphanedPipes
resetOrphanedFTPipes() returned status=2007031

5 REPLIES 5

Satyajit_Pal
Level 3

The job has now failed with below error.

Jul 12, 2013 11:26:11 AM - Error bptm (pid=7143) NBEMM returned an extended error status: MDS received an invalid message (2005005)

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This seems to be a 7.0.1 bug: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144671

Quick solution in bottom of TN:

3 - Confirmed the 'Fibre Transport' branch is displayed under the master server's 'Host Properties':
-> On the master server; opened the NetBackup Administration Console > Host Properties > Master Server > Properties
-> The 'Fiber Transport' branch was listed and set to "Always"
-> Changed the 'Fiber Transport' parameter to "Never" and cycled the NetBackup services

Hope this helps.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/fibre-transport-resources-are-not-available#/comment-...

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Error bptm (pid=21871) error requesting media, TpErrno = Robot operation failed

Do you have bptm log folder on the media server? If not, please create under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs.

Also add VERBOSE entry in /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf and restart NBU.

Retry restore and post bptm log as File attachment after next failure (copy log to bptm.txt).

Also check syslog (e.g. /var/log/messages on Linux) for errors related to Robot operation failed.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It does sound like the Master server host properties setting - let us know if it was set to required and if so try changing it to Never or better still set it to preferred with a 2 minute delay so that any clients which do have FT enabled can still use it

Pawan_Nagra_777
Level 3

Hi,

Please check the folloing things.

1.Communication between master and destination server.

2.backup taken and restoration server same or not

3.destination mount point permission should be 777

#chmod 777 destination MP name