So there is this particular restore job which fails. I might be short on the necessary information that will be required to understand this case (also i mostly have some screenshots) but here are the observations
1. In the first attempt to restore, error seen was "media manager detected image that was not in tar format". So the first thought was if the LTO 2 tape was bad. Three tapes were asked by the job but only the first tape was in the library - so spanning was involved and maybe this was issue.
NOTE: NO encryption involved during the backup
2. So in the second attempt we imported all three tapes in the library and tried a restore (selected files)
Error seen was slightly different although still about an invalid tar archive
FTL - tar received an invalid archive
INF - TAR EXITING WITH STATUS = 13
vxlogview -t 04:00:00 has no messages which indicate anything related to the job failure around the time the restore job failed
3. At this point all our tests were concentrated on the first tape since the other two weren't even mounted yet
4. bpmedialist -mcontents -L -m <media id> lists the backup id on tape etc. fine without any errors
5. bpverify -mediaid <media id listed by bpmedialist> has problems
INF - Block number does not match for file .... xxx in image is 75012348, in database is 75012346.
So the above errors repeat for other file names till this message