cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore files from a specific media

xrosario
Level 3

Hi.  I made a full backup from one of our servers unsin Netbackup 6.5.  I identified the tape that was used for it.  Now I'm trying to do a restore from that tape, and I haven't been able to do so.  Could anyone give support doing this?

5 REPLIES 5

dcon
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified

Rosario,

You say you haven't been able to do the restore. What process are you using to do the restore, and what happens? Do you get any error messages?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NetBackup stores images according to Client and according to date (image number).

My experience has been as follows:

If the selection criteria is correct (client name and date), NBU will identify all the tapes that were used in that backup set and list them as needed/required...

When the backup starts, it will load the particular tape and restore from there.

Please share the steps that you have followed to identify the tape and subsequent restore steps?
What were the results?

xrosario
Level 3

Hi.  The thing is I'm using the traditional restore procedure from the application.  When I give the range of date , where I include the day I performed the full backup, it says that there is not files for that range.  I have a question, There is a way to select an specific tape to restore from? 

xrosario
Level 3

I found out what was I was doing wrong.  Thanks for your time.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
"I found out what was I was doing wrong." PLEASE don't keep us in suspense? Share with us?