cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore files from backupid on other client's filesystem

albatroz19
Level 5

Hi all,

i would try a restore files from a client to another, but i presume to have only backup-id information for client's backup. The files on backup-id should be restored togheter on a dedicated filesystem on another client.

I thought with bpflist -backupid "name" to obtain the files name and then insert on file's list and restore with bprestore command, but i receive "no entity was found" output and if i try bpimagelist with same backu-id, it's present.

There is an option to restore from backup-id directly?
for redirect many files on a filesystem,  should i compile a rename file to redirect?

Any idea?
Thanks and Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@albatroz19 

Try to add the client name to bpflist.
It seems that the default is to use client name as local host where the command is executed.

Try this:

bpflist -client <name>  -backupid <backup-id>
You may need to add a date range as well, as some commands defaults to last 24 hours.

It is not possible to specify backup id to restore  - the backup id represents the 'header' info. All the stuff that you get from bpimagelist. Part of the header info is the 'files'-file that contains file paths. Depending on the number of files in the backup, the 'files'-file could be a collection of files.
The easiest way to get the list is with bplist and/or bpflist.

My recommendation is to use a rename file.

Please be prepared for initial failures - bprestore is not the easiest command to master.
Even after reading the bprestore command reference, it took me a while to get it right for a customer.
Something as simple as a <CR> at the end of the rename file could cause the command to fail.

You may want to perform a test redirected restore from the GUI with bprestore log folder in place on the master.
Have a good look in bprestore log at the commands that NBU uses, and try to use that as a template for your bprestore command.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@albatroz19 

Try to add the client name to bpflist.
It seems that the default is to use client name as local host where the command is executed.

Try this:

bpflist -client <name>  -backupid <backup-id>
You may need to add a date range as well, as some commands defaults to last 24 hours.

It is not possible to specify backup id to restore  - the backup id represents the 'header' info. All the stuff that you get from bpimagelist. Part of the header info is the 'files'-file that contains file paths. Depending on the number of files in the backup, the 'files'-file could be a collection of files.
The easiest way to get the list is with bplist and/or bpflist.

My recommendation is to use a rename file.

Please be prepared for initial failures - bprestore is not the easiest command to master.
Even after reading the bprestore command reference, it took me a while to get it right for a customer.
Something as simple as a <CR> at the end of the rename file could cause the command to fail.

You may want to perform a test redirected restore from the GUI with bprestore log folder in place on the master.
Have a good look in bprestore log at the commands that NBU uses, and try to use that as a template for your bprestore command.

Good luck!

Hi Mariannne,

thanks for response. I followed your tips and for the "rename file" i created a script that perform little restores by any data extracted from backupid.

Regards,