cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore for series of backups taken

somesh_p
Level 4

While restoring, if we select more than one backup images for same server, ( full and incremental backups, even failure backups)  in between the selected dates (start and end).

For ex: I have taken full backup 3 times and differential backup 2 times and 1 failure backup exist in between, While restoring I have selected all of these backup images.

From which backup image, the restore procedure will be done ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Always the latest version (AKA most resent).

In the GUI you can select to show all version of the file of the "most resent".

Best Regards

Nicolai

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Always the latest version (AKA most resent).

In the GUI you can select to show all version of the file of the "most resent".

Best Regards

Nicolai

somesh_p
Level 4

Can any one be more clear on this as we have a doubt that, if we are performing restore and all the backups which are taken for about a week are selected for restore ,then from which backup image does the restore will be performed ? Does the restore will be done from the latest full backup or any other backup image?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

My understanding is that the last Full will be restored, followed by subsequent Diff backups.

In all honesty, YOU are the best person to test and verify.

You don't even have to go as far as running the restore. Simply select the backups, select a folder, and then preview media. The tapes listed for restore should tell you which backups were selected. Compare this list with Media List report (or bpmedialist -m <media-id>) to see when last tapes were written and retention level.