Highlighted

Restore from multi streaming backup image

Hello,

I'm making a backup whith multiple streams. The file list of my policy is:

NEW_STREAM

/a

NEW_STREAM

/b

When I make backup all is correct, 2 jobs appears, one in drive 1 and the other in drive 2, making backup in parallel.

When I try to restore I make two differents restores (one for /a and one for /b) expecting that both of them run simultaneous. But until the first one no finish the second one don`t start.

it is possible to make a multi streaming restore? How?

Thank you very much for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Well, I've just backed up 2

Well, I've just backed up 2 separate streams of data to two tape drives, similar to above.

Restore 1.

I selected the data from both streams in the BAR gui.  One jobs started, loaded a tape into two different drives and restored the data from both tapes at the same time.

Restore 2

I selected one straem in the BAR gui and ran the restore.  A tape was loaded into a drive and the restore started.

I then selected the other stream in the BAR gui and ran the restore.  A second job started off immediately and loaded a tape and started to restore.

So, using both methods, I ran two restores from two separate tapes from the backup that was muti-streamed at the same time.

If nothing else, this shows that it should work - if you could provide the details of what the '2nd' job is waiting on, would be one way forward.

Martin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

Well, I've just backed up 2

Well, I've just backed up 2 separate streams of data to two tape drives, similar to above.

Restore 1.

I selected the data from both streams in the BAR gui.  One jobs started, loaded a tape into two different drives and restored the data from both tapes at the same time.

Restore 2

I selected one straem in the BAR gui and ran the restore.  A tape was loaded into a drive and the restore started.

I then selected the other stream in the BAR gui and ran the restore.  A second job started off immediately and loaded a tape and started to restore.

So, using both methods, I ran two restores from two separate tapes from the backup that was muti-streamed at the same time.

If nothing else, this shows that it should work - if you could provide the details of what the '2nd' job is waiting on, would be one way forward.

Martin

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I'm sure someone will have

I'm sure someone will have seen this  before, I haven't so will have to ask a couple of questions.

For the restore that is waiting, what are the exact details you see in activity monitor, hopefully this will give a clue as to why it is waiting.

Also, what version of NBU, what OS is this running on.

Martin

Highlighted

Than you very much. You are

Than you very much. You are right! I have just tested it

I don´t know what I did the other tests.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Moved:

Re: Well, I've just backed up 2