rarino
Level 2

Hello,

I'm making a backup whith multiple streams. The file list of my policy is:

NEW_STREAM

/a

NEW_STREAM

/b

When I make backup all is correct, 2 jobs appears, one in drive 1 and the other in drive 2, making backup in parallel.

When I try to restore I make two differents restores (one for /a and one for /b) expecting that both of them run simultaneous. But until the first one no finish the second one don`t start.

it is possible to make a multi streaming restore? How?

Thank you very much for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Well, I've just backed up 2 separate streams of data to two tape drives, similar to above.

Restore 1.

I selected the data from both streams in the BAR gui.  One jobs started, loaded a tape into two different drives and restored the data from both tapes at the same time.

Restore 2

I selected one straem in the BAR gui and ran the restore.  A tape was loaded into a drive and the restore started.

I then selected the other stream in the BAR gui and ran the restore.  A second job started off immediately and loaded a tape and started to restore.

So, using both methods, I ran two restores from two separate tapes from the backup that was muti-streamed at the same time.

If nothing else, this shows that it should work - if you could provide the details of what the '2nd' job is waiting on, would be one way forward.

Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Well, I've just backed up 2 separate streams of data to two tape drives, similar to above.

Restore 1.

I selected the data from both streams in the BAR gui.  One jobs started, loaded a tape into two different drives and restored the data from both tapes at the same time.

Restore 2

I selected one straem in the BAR gui and ran the restore.  A tape was loaded into a drive and the restore started.

I then selected the other stream in the BAR gui and ran the restore.  A second job started off immediately and loaded a tape and started to restore.

So, using both methods, I ran two restores from two separate tapes from the backup that was muti-streamed at the same time.

If nothing else, this shows that it should work - if you could provide the details of what the '2nd' job is waiting on, would be one way forward.

Martin

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I'm sure someone will have seen this  before, I haven't so will have to ask a couple of questions.

For the restore that is waiting, what are the exact details you see in activity monitor, hopefully this will give a clue as to why it is waiting.

Also, what version of NBU, what OS is this running on.

Martin

rarino
Level 2

Than you very much. You are right! I have just tested it

I don´t know what I did the other tests.

Thanks!

Moved:

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified