cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore is failing with Error 25

skapoor39
Level 3

Please help me in solving this problem

I am getting this problem while restoring a file fromthe client.

Error Message Cannot connect to client, Address already in use (226)

Soruce and destination clients are same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

We have not used NBU 5.1 for a long-long time (I think it reached EOSL about 3 years ago). All troubleshooting steps that comes to mind is post-6.x...

All I think of is to check output of 'netstat -a' on the client. Check status of bpcd port. 
Check port numbers are correct in /etc/services as well as bpcd entry in /etc/inetd.conf.

I have seen situation where 'netstat -a' command was simply hanging or was taking a very long time to return output. Reboot of client cleared OS port and resolved issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

skapoor39
Level 3

Netbackup master server ver. 5.1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

We have not used NBU 5.1 for a long-long time (I think it reached EOSL about 3 years ago). All troubleshooting steps that comes to mind is post-6.x...

All I think of is to check output of 'netstat -a' on the client. Check status of bpcd port. 
Check port numbers are correct in /etc/services as well as bpcd entry in /etc/inetd.conf.

I have seen situation where 'netstat -a' command was simply hanging or was taking a very long time to return output. Reboot of client cleared OS port and resolved issue.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Does it fail even now? Or did you try it just once?

Adding to Marianne post, check on the servers if all the ports between 512  to 1024 are already used by other TCP sessions.

skapoor39
Level 3
It was a name resolution issue. Thanks all

Vickie
Level 6

Share the resolution as how you get to know, it was name resolution issue.

So that other also could find it, if they face similar sort of issue.

Thanks