cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore job failed

Hakeem
Level 4

Dear All,

I am trying to restore a some file ,but getting bellow error . Could anyone reply me please.

15:11:13 (135756.xxx) INF - Status = allocation failed.

I have veritas NetBackup 7.7 on client server 2008

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Before we look at any logs, can you confirm that original disk storage is accessible?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

could be a memory issue - how much free memory does the the box have  ?

If you are selecting a huge number of files, try to cut down the selection and retry the operation.

Hakeem
Level 4

currently 20 GB is free and I tried to restore a tiny file but still the same error even I tried to restore it on the same server not remote but failed.

Thanks

Marianne
Do you have bprd log folder on the master server? If not, create the folder and restart NBU. After next failed restore attempt, copy the log file in bprd folder to bprd.txt and upload as File attachment. Depending on what we see in this log, we may need more logs. Please also show all text in Job Details, not just one line. Good idea to ensure these logs exist as well in case we need them: Master: bpdbm Media: bptm and bpbrm

Marianne
I notice now that you have selected 7.6 as NBU version but in your opening post you say that the version on the client is 7.7. Does this mean that the version on the client is higher than on the master/media server?

Hakeem
Level 4

Dear Marianne,

Thanks for reply.

Here is the restore failed log.

"

05/15/2016 12:42:45 - begin Restore
05/15/2016 12:42:47 - Info bprd (pid=15576) Found (1,048) files in (1) images for Restore Job ID 137618.xxx
05/15/2016 12:42:47 - restoring from image my server_1462105800
05/15/2016 12:42:47 - Warning bprd (pid=15576) Restore must be resumed prior to first image expiration on 5/15/2016 5:00:00 PM
05/15/2016 12:42:47 - requesting resource @aaaa@
05/15/2016 12:42:47 - Error nbjm (pid=6860) NBU status: 2074, EMM status: Disk volume is down
05/15/2016 12:42:47 - Error nbjm (pid=6860) NBU status: 2074, EMM status: Disk volume is down
05/15/2016 12:42:48 - end Restore; elapsed time 0:00:03
allocation failed  (10)"

i have these folder but with one line information in it in text file.

bpdbm_013016_133122

bpdbm_child

And where do I need to create the folder to aquire logs.

Thanks

Shaheen

Hakeem
Level 4

Because the old server which doesn't exsist anymore had NB 7.6 but on Master server it's 7.7

Thanks

Marianne
How was NBU migrated to new server? Where is the disk storage where backup was written? This is the actual issue: "Disk volume is down". Ensure disk storage is attached to same path and server name as before.

Marianne
Log folders do not exist by default. You need to create them under ...\netbackup\logs followed by restart of NBU to enable the logging.

Hakeem
Level 4

Disk storage is as is no change it that , but I will confirm is it's still accessible

Hakeem
Level 4

Dea Marrianne,

Attached please find the log file from bprd folder.

Thanks

Marianne
Before we look at any logs, can you confirm that original disk storage is accessible?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

My advice when checking disk storage is to check down through the layers of storage server, disk pool, and then disk volume.

E.g. to check at which point, i.e. "where" in the config an element might be DOWN, I would do, for example for MSDP storage:

$ nbdevquery -liststs -U -stype PureDisk

$ nbdevquery -listdp  -U -stype PureDisk

$ nbdevquery -listdv  -U -stype PureDisk

....and look at all of the "state/status" entries, which all need to be "UP".  

Hakeem
Level 4

yes it looks that storage is down or there is a network error between HP StoreOnce Catalyst.

thanks