cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore mailbox exchange 2010 to exchange 2016

Maikel76
Level 3

Hello, is it possible to do a restore a exchange 2010 mailbox to a exchange 2016 server? I can not find any documents on this.

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I doubt that it is possible.

Support for restore from a previous Exchange version is determined by Microsoft, not NetBackup.

Lowell_Palecek
Level 6
Employee

It's not supported. The Exchange databases are not compatible for NetBackup to take data from a backed up Exchange 2010 database and present it to an Exchange 2016 database.

manatee
Level 6

not possible. maybe you're trying to do a migration from 2010 to 2016?

Hello Marianne,

We now have a exchange 2010 and everyday we run a GTR backup. We are going to office 365 and all our mailboxes will be migrated to the cloud. But the mail we have on our 2010 must be keep for a few years. And exchange 2010 will no longer be supported. Maybe somebody a person will ask for a mail or box to be restored so we want also a exchange 2016 here on premises. That is why i wanted to know if it is possible when such a request will be made than we can restore a mailbox or mail to an exchange 2016 server. Thank you.

I suggest you make a virtual image of an Exchange 2010 server, which you can deploy if you ever need it to restore from an old backup. You wouldn't need a DAG. An stand-alone server would do.