cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore not working for Oracle

Hendrik_Bezuide
Level 4

Netbackup 7.6.0.3

I am trying to do a restore on my Linux system from the console, but it does not give me any data to restore, I do not understand why, I can see in the catalog that the files did backup, and on oracle, you can also see the files.

Here are two screenshots one Job Details and the restore, what am I doing wrong.

It does not mater if I change the source client to sapp1zdb03-ibvip.prasa.com

JobJobRestoreRestore

4 REPLIES 4

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

This is an RMAN backup, please ask your DBA to check the backup details with rman utility on the DB server.

If you want to list backup images and files use following commands, keyword will be DBName or DBName_DBId depending upon nbu version-

bpimagelist -client DBNode -policy DBPolicy -keyword DBName_DBId -d BkpStrTime -e BkpEndTime -U

bplist -B -C DBNode -S Master -t 4 -k DBPolicy -keyword DBName_DBId -s BkpStrTime -e BkpEndTime -R -l -u /

Tape_Archived

Thank you, I am trying to tell them, that I cannot do it form Netbackup, they (SAP DBA) have to do it, but will this get the data from my tapes aswell for them..

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Yes, RMAN connects with NetBackup Agent on the DB server and will restore the data from media (Tape or disk) where the primary copy/backup resides. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Hendrik_Bezuide

All you need to do from your side is to ensure that the media is in the robot (if backup is on tape and not on disk).

You can use the following command to get media id's:

bpimagelist -client <client-name> -d <start-date> -e <end-date> -media -U

You can add more parameters to narrow it down, such as:
-pt <policy_type>
-policy <policy_name>

Format for start- and end-date is mm/dd/yyyy

Your dba's should know rman well enough to start the restore from the Oracle client. 
There are also sample restore scripts on the client under 
/usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/oracle/samples/rman